Effective Date: May 18, 2011
To review material modifications and their effective dates scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Privacy Statement; Collection of Personal Information.
- PETLINQ LLC ("PETLinQ") owns and operates this website. All references to "we", "us" shall be construed to mean PETLINQ, and all references to this "website" shall be construed to mean PETLINQIQ.com and all other associated PETLINQIQ.com web pages operated by PETLINQ.
- Collection of Information. We reserve the right to monitor your use of PETLINQIQ.com. As you navigate through this website, certain information may be collected (that is, gathered without your actively providing the information) using various technologies, such as cookies, Internet tags or web beacons, and navigational data collection (log files, server logs, clickstream). The following is a listing and a brief explanation of information collection methodologies which we may use from time to time to better understand how PETLINQIQ.com is being used.
- A "cookie" (also known as a "browser cookie") is a text file that this website sends to your browser in the form of a text file The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but they usually can be modified to decline cookies if you prefer; however, certain features of this PETLINQIQ.com might not work without cookies.
- "Session" cookies are temporary bits of information that are used to improve navigation, block users from providing information where inappropriate and collect aggregate statistical information on the website. They are erased once you exit your Web browser or otherwise turn off your computer.
- "Persistent" cookies are more permanent bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer and stay there unless you delete the cookie. Persistent cookies store information on your computer for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided, helping to determine what areas of the website you may find most valuable, and customizing the website based on your preferences on an ongoing basis. Persistent cookies placed by PETLINQIQ.com in your computer do not hold personal information.
- You can set your browser to accept all cookies, to reject all cookies, or to notify you whenever a cookie is offered so that you can decide each time whether to accept it. To learn more about cookies and how to specify your preferences, please search for "cookie" in the "Help" portion of your browser.
- An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so you can access the Internet and is generally considered to be non-personally identifiable information, because in many cases an IP address is dynamic (changing each time you connect to the Internet), rather than static (unique to a particular user's computer). The IP address can be used to diagnose problems with a server, report aggregate information, determine the fastest route for your computer to use in connecting to an internet site, and administer and improve PETLINQIQ.com.
- "Internet tags" (also known as Web Beacons, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs, and 1-by-1 GIFs) tell the website server information such as the IP address and browser type related to the visitor's computer. Tags may be placed on different pages of the website. Such tags indicate how many times a page is opened and which information is consulted.
- "Navigational data" (log files, server logs, and clickstream data) are used for system management, to improve the content of PETLINQIQ.com, market research purposes, and to communicate information to users.
- Use and Sharing of Information. This website may make full use of collected information, including without limitation the right to use such information to provide better service to PETLINQIQ.com users, customize the website based on your preferences, compile and analyze statistics and trends, and otherwise administer and improve this website for your use. We reserve the right to share this information in aggregated form.
- 3rd Party Cookies for Web Analytics. We reserve the right to use web analytics services provided by 3rd parties. These services use 3rd party cookies (cookies passed by others, not by us) to collect information about your use of this website (see explanation of cookies above). We may use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of this website, compiling reports on website activity, and providing other services. These web analytics services may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on the service's behalf.
- Collection of Personal Information; Categories.
- We will ask you for personal information when you sign up for any specific benefit or purpose that requires registration. Personal information that we collect may vary with the each registration, and it may include one or more of the following categories: name, physical address, an email address, phone number, employer, position, specialty, and language.
- We reserve the right to tie or link your personal information with persistent identifiers, as follows: link your email address with information collected by a cookie regarding the length of time you visit our website, your IP address, pages visited, pages printed.
- Use and Sharing of Personal Information: General Policy And Exceptions. Our general policy (subject to the exceptions listed below) is that we will use your personal information only for: the performance of the services or transaction for which it was given, our private, internal reporting for this website, and security assessments for this website, and we will not share, sell, or rent your personal information to others. The only exceptions to this general policy: (i) are described in the subsections below, and (ii) if you explicitly approve through our website.
- Affiliates. Unless prohibited by law, we may use and share Personal Information within any companies that may legally affiliated with us (such as, for example, any parent, subsidiary, or brother or sister entity) for purposes of providing service and account maintenance, to help us design and improve products and services, and to offer products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Third-Party Service Providers. We may hire other companies to provide services on our behalf. These third-party service providers may include, for example, companies that (i) host, manage, and service our website, web servers, software and systems, (ii) provide business or data processing services, (iii) provide marketing services, (iv) provide payment processing, fulfillment, and/or shipping services, (i) refer you to this website in their capacity as our marketing partner or affiliate, and (vi) provide other new services. We may share or make Personal Information accessible to such third parties; however, all such third parties are required to maintain the confidentiality of Personal Information and are prohibited from using Personal Information for any purpose other than for the services they provide, which may include emails, but only to the extent email is integral to their services.
- Acquisition; Bankruptcy. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or if we sell this website business or a line of business from this website, we reserve the right to transfer such information as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we reserve the right to transfer such information to protect our rights or as required by law.
- Enforcement; Legal Process. We reserve the right to transfer such information if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary (i) to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, or (ii) to investigate or enforce violations of our rights or the security of this website.
- Miscellaneous. We reserve the right to share personal information with the following additional parties: SOFIE Co and its affiliates ("IBA").
- Your Employer. As this website is provided as part of Service to your employer, information regarding your use may by shared with your employer as part of PETLINQ's or IBA services provided to your employer.
- Technical Feedback. We may request technical information regarding the operation and functioning of our web sites from users via surveys. Participation is completely voluntary and the user has a choice whether or not to disclose any information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and e-mail), and demographic information (such as zip code and age). Technical feedback received is used to respond to the user's question or comment and to improve our web sites. Personally identifiable data submitted by the user for this purpose is not used for other purposes.
- Onward Transfer of Personal Information Outside Your Country of Residence. Any personal information which we may collect on this website will be stored and processed in our servers located only in the United States. By using PETLINQIQ.com, if you reside outside the United States, you consent to the transfer of personal information outside your country of residence to the United States.
- Security of Personal Information. We follow reasonable and appropriate industry standards to protect your personal information and data. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or method of data storage can be guaranteed 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information by following generally accepted industry standards, we cannot ensure or warrant the absolute security of any information you transmit to us or archive at this website.
- Changing And Updating Personal Information. We reserve the right to permit you to access your personal information in any account you establish with this website for purposes of making your own changes or updates, and in such case, instructions for making such changes or updates will be provided where necessary. Upon request, we will permit you to request or make changes or updates to your personal information for legitimate purposes. We request identification prior to approving such requests. We reserve the right to decline any requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require unreasonable time or effort of our technical or administrative personnel, or undermine the privacy rights of others.
- Email From This Website; Opt-Out Rights. If you supply us with your e-mail address you may receive periodic messages from us with information (i) specific to the website and required for the normal functioning of the website as well as (ii) for new products or services or upcoming events. If you prefer not to receive periodic email messages of category (ii), you may opt-out by following the instructions on the email.
- Links To Other Sites Including Online Ads. This website may contain links to other websites with whom we have a business relationship. These links may include online advertisements that we deem to be appropriate. Any information that you provide in the process of registration will be transferred to these sites. We have no responsibility or liability for the policies and practices of these sites. You should be careful to review any privacy policies posted on any of these sites before providing information to them.
- Children's Online Policy. We are committed to preserving online privacy for all of its website users, including children. This website is a general audience website. Consistent with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we will not knowingly collect any information from, or sell to, children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian who has discovered that your child under the age of 13 has submitted his or her personally identifiable information without your permission or consent, we will remove the information from our active list, at your request. To request the removal of your child's information, please contact our website as provided below under "Contact Us", and be sure to include in your message the same login information that your child submitted.
- Email And Other Messages Through This Website; ECPA Notice. This website treats email messages and other electronic messages that are sent through this website and not viewable by others as confidential and private, except as required by law, including without limitation, the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986, 18 U.S.C. Sections 2701-2711 (the "ECPA"). The ECPA permits this website's limited ability to intercept and/or disclose electronic messages, for example (i) as necessary to operate our system or to protect our rights or property, (ii) upon legal demand (court orders, warrants, subpoenas), or (iii) where we receive information inadvertently which appears to pertain to the commission of a crime. This website is not considered a "secure communications medium" under the ECPA.
- Medical Advice is NOT Provided on this Website. The information and content contained on the Website is for informational purposes only and is never intended to be a substitute for or relied on for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider concerning your health or any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking such advice because of information or opinions on the Website. We do not recommend or endorse any specific tests, products, equipment, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Website. Reliance on any information provided by PETLINQ, its employees, others appearing on the Website at the invitation of PETLINQ, or other users or contributors to the Website is solely at your own risk.
21000 Atlantic Blvd., Suite 730
Dulles, VA, 20166
- Material Modifications Since January 1, 2011: none.